So, I got this in the mail today.
Or I got it sometime while I was home for the holidays but I didn’t see the package until today.
First of all, good god, do I love the cover of this book.
Love the cover, love the name, love the slick way it feels in your hands.
But that’s besides the point.
You’re a weirdo.
At least somewhat of a weirdo, or you wouldn’t be documenting your life/searching for validation on the internet. Or maybe you’re a weirdo if you aren’t doing that. I don’t know. Let’s be on the safe side and assume that you’re weird or at the very least you are into something weird, or the idea of weird.
How can you not be into the idea of weird.
This book is weird. The kind of weird that you want more of in your life. The kind of weird that makes you remember how great and exciting it is when creative people let it fly a little.
I felt oddly energized while reading this book because I get jazzed about people doing things that they are very good at and this book is filled with talented people exploring their talents.
The gist of the book is, as best I can tell, the authors were given the topic of “The Future” and several pages each to work with and that’s about it. Some of the stories are about the future, the end of the world, some are about kids in 1988, depressing viruses, hybrid pets, and how sad life is sometimes in that weird way that makes you think “that sucks but… that’s about right.”
I’ve felt pretty burnt out about things lately (post-new years “I have to wait how long for another holiday?” maybe?) and this book felt like getting a glass of cold water thrown into your face to wake you up from the funk that being 25 years old sometimes can be when you’re unsure of what you’re doing and if you even care.
Weird is good.
- thepartwhereyou-scream likes this
- valechoqiiz likes this
- invisible-handjob likes this
- returningtoforever likes this
- bohemigreentea reblogged this from thetangential
- bohemigreentea likes this
- wildernesswalkers likes this
- gloriousidentities likes this
- isha-katlanit reblogged this from thetangential
- isha-katlanit likes this
- amazingjoybuzz likes this
- mollydollyjones likes this
- shrimptoastpie likes this
- harmounious likes this
- souffrirestbelle reblogged this from thetangential
- deejberndt likes this
- rockmebruce likes this
- indolentry likes this
- squidwardismyspiritanimal likes this
- monstrecharmant likes this
- utopianapocalypse likes this
- stepwise likes this
- sailingsomewhere likes this
- uselessskills reblogged this from thetangential
- samspuppy reblogged this from thetangential
- samspuppy likes this
- natalieberkley likes this
- kushboozetattoos likes this
- satansherb likes this
- katiemblogs likes this
- heyscissorman likes this
- dannerbananer reblogged this from thetangential
- nannersthegreat likes this
- thetangential reblogged this from thenewhotness and added:
- philolzophy likes this
- matt-t likes this
- colleen-powers likes this
- trebleyellow likes this
- shortblonde likes this
- allyoumochalattes likes this
- colleentie likes this
- omgstopembarrassingyourself likes this
- kblovely likes this
- hat-tee likes this
- fatmanatee likes this
- party-wok likes this
- janizzle likes this
- perpetualtoska likes this
- nat-fab likes this
- notwhatihadnmind likes this